DmC: Devil May Cry | Hype Thread | 8.0 (360) 7.5 (PS3) | Out Today On PC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Damn it BPooleninjapirate2000
Haha Also IGN gave the ps3 version an 8.5 and 360 version an 8.9 O.o

Sounds like Bayonetta syndrome

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Damn it BPooleSagem28

Haha Also IGN gave the ps3 version an 8.5 and 360 version an 8.9 O.o

na no where near from what iv seen and heard. Only major difference in performance is in the cutscenes themselves 360 runs a bit smoother in that regard. It doesint really affect core gameplay.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"] Haha Also IGN gave the ps3 version an 8.5 and 360 version an 8.9 O.ofinalfantasy94

na no where near from what iv seen and heard. Only major difference in performance is in the cutscenes themselves 360 runs a bit smoother in that regard. It doesint really affect core gameplay.

Well, thats good to hear.

Damn PS3 multiplats.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#254 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
I'll update the reviews later.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#255 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts
AA. Called it. Should've been more specific, because I wanted to go 8.0.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#256 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I wonder how Metroid fans were when Nintendo announced Metroid Prime being developed by Retro Studios (when they were new and unproven developers) instead of Sakamoto?

FireEmblem_Man
There is a major difference between Metroid Prime, and Ninja Theory's devil may cry in terms of quality and impact.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 finalfantasy94

RE4 got high praise and it kinda killed the series for me and some others but I still admit its still a good game on its own right. Just dont see why dmc guys cant do the same.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

RE4 got high praise and it kinda killed the series for me and some others but I still admit its still a good game on its own right. Just dont see why dmc guys cant do the same.

finalfantasy94

RE4 was a complete turnabout that embraced the action RE has always had. It then used some Mikami Special #9 to polish the game to the nth degree.

DmC is not a complete turnabout. It's a reboot that scrapped everything fans came to know and love from the series. It did the exact opposite of RE4. It would've helped so much if this was a new IP.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 ChubbyGuy40

Should've renamed it Consoles Am Cry.

dmc-devil-may-cry-tes8yy79.png

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#260 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Should've renamed it Consoles Am Cry.

dmc-devil-may-cry-tes8yy79.png

ChubbyGuy40

Its pretty hilarious that the lowest card on the card triple the frame frame of the consoles and is a higher resolution.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#261 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

I wonder how Metroid fans were when Nintendo announced Metroid Prime being developed by Retro Studios (when they were new and unproven developers) instead of Sakamoto?

jg4xchamp
There is a major difference between Metroid Prime, and Ninja Theory's devil may cry in terms of quality and impact.

Maybe. But who knows? It could go on to be regarded as a classic of the genre. Stranger things have happened.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

DarkLink77

Maybe. But who knows? It could go on to be regarded as a classic of the genre. Stranger things have happened.

Not even remotely close to something that is plausible.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] There is a major difference between Metroid Prime, and Ninja Theory's devil may cry in terms of quality and impact.

Looking at the reviews, it doesn't seem unlikely. Glowing praise everywhere with just a few flaws, for the most part.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe. But who knows? It could go on to be regarded as a classic of the genre. Stranger things have happened. DarkLink77

Looking at the reviews, it doesn't seem unlikely. Glowing praise everywhere with just a few flaws, for the most part.

You're comparing a game that absolutely killed it with critics, to a game thats hitting marks that most "good" games get by default. The praise here is that "hey guys it's DMC, it's still DMC, don't worry about it". Metroid Prime was don't worry about it, and HOLY SH1T THEY TOOK METROID BUT PUT IT IN THREE DIMENSIONS. Major differences. Nothing about Prime is compromised. It's Super Metroid, but a 3D take on it. DMC is compromised compared to the franchises standards for combat. It's good yes, but the series battle systems have usually been a lot deeper.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Blabadon
Updated the OPs with the hype, GameSpot review, and other reviews.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Not even remotely close to something that is plausible.

You're comparing a game that absolutely killed it with critics, to a game thats hitting marks that most "good" games get by default. The praise here is that "hey guys it's DMC, it's still DMC, don't worry about it". Metroid Prime was don't worry about it, and HOLY SH1T THEY TOOK METROID BUT PUT IT IN THREE DIMENSIONS. Major differences. Nothing about Prime is compromised. It's Super Metroid, but a 3D take on it. DMC is compromised compared to the franchises standards for combat. It's good yes, but the series battle systems have usually been a lot deeper.

I have no standard for comparison, and I'm not comparing it to Metroid Prime. Just saying that it seems to be getting a lot of praise and it'll be interesting to see how it's remembered down the road.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

ChubbyGuy40

RE4 was a complete turnabout that embraced the action RE has always had. It then used some Mikami Special #9 to polish the game to the nth degree.

DmC is not a complete turnabout. It's a reboot that scrapped everything fans came to know and love from the series. It did the exact opposite of RE4. It would've helped so much if this was a new IP.

Im sorry dude its the same situation. I know you want it not to be cause you hate this dmc but it is. RE4 from pov of some RE fans got rid of some things limited ammo,atmospher. It basicly just change the camra and uped the action full blast. Though people still call it a good game in its own right which it is.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Blabadon
Those Limbo sections look trippy.
Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

lol new DMC takes a shot at old Dante

Link

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

This game in a nutshell.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 jg4xchamp

atmospher.

finalfantasy94

Except that was just bold face lying. Resident Evil 4 still had atmosphere. Not nearly the same exact atmosphere of the old games, but the notion that it wasn't an atmospheric game is an absurd statement that looks silly even under the "my opinion" excuse.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Did the reviewer ever play dmc3? I really wonder.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#273 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Brad just gave it 5 stars.

To be fair, on paper, everything about Devil May Cry sounds like the tritest video game pap: a bloody war between angels and devils, endless hordes of demonic enemies straight from your favorite '80s heavy metal album art, and all of it punctuated by Scandinavian "hellektro" outfit Combichrist's thudding soundtrack. And then there's Dante, remade in the image of a club-kid layabout who's so sneeringly self-satisfied he defies any attempt you might make to identify with him. I pretty much went into the game consciously expecting to hate all of this, or at least view it as the sort of eye-rolling embarrassment video games are usually so good at delivering.

Then, oddly, I started feeling a guilty pleasure at how much I was actually enjoying the spectacle. Then later I gave up the guilt and just flung myself wholeheartedly into the cyclone of nonsense. I think it became easy to like Devil May Cry because it seems somewhat aware of itself; the game is so damncommittedto having fun with its absurdity, you can't help having fun along with it. Dante may be a smirking wiseass, but his lines are witty enough and delivered with so much panache, you quickly grow to like him anyway.Brad

http://www.giantbomb.com/dmc-devil-may-cry/61-32686/reviews/

Makes me want to rent it, at least. If someone who only played the first game loves it, maybe I could appreciate it too since I never gave a sh!t about any of those games.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

ReadingRainbow4

Does it matter? DMC is a reboot, it's supposed to attract a new audience while appealing to the current one.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

GD1551

Does it matter? DMC is a reboot, it's supposed to attract a new audience while appealing to the current one.

it really does when comparing series growth.

especially considering dmc3 is the best in the series.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Blabadon

Link

ninjapirate2000
Genius.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 ChubbyGuy40

Link

ninjapirate2000

The fact that a simple hair change makes him look 100x better is pretty sad.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

"oh,it's gonna suck"

"OH it's gonna flop"

"oh,Dante's so emo & gay"

>_> fanboys..

Well,you're finally proven wrong!

:D

I won't get it,but mostly because there's no Wii U version.

I'm happy i can rub it in on their faces,though.

^_^

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

atmospher.

jg4xchamp

Except that was just bold face lying. Resident Evil 4 still had atmosphere. Not nearly the same exact atmosphere of the old games, but the notion that it wasn't an atmospheric game is an absurd statement that looks silly even under the "my opinion" excuse.

Ya know wat your right I went a but overbord on that statement. It has atmosphere just didint feel horror kind. Theres like 1 or 2 parts that it had it but thats about it.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Im sorry dude its the same situation. I know you want it not to be cause you hate this dmc but it is. RE4 from pov of some RE fans got rid of some things limited ammo,atmospher. It basicly just change the camra and uped the action full blast. Though people still call it a good game in its own right which it is.

Slashkice

It's not. RE4 switched from survival horror to action, but the end result is it ended up as the best third-person shooter around. If it gets any hate, it's because of the stylistic change, not because the mechanics aren't up to snuff. (though like champ, I disagree that the game lacked atmosphere)

DmC didn't switch genres. It's still a hack 'n slash except it doesn't reach the quality of the previous games.

Some can say RE4 isint as great as previous games in the series as you are saying DMC isint the same quality of previous games. How does that make the situation any different. Both games still changed but both still get recieved well at least criticaly wise.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

It's not. RE4 switched from survival horror to action, but the end result is it ended up as the best third-person shooter around. If it gets any hate, it's because of the stylistic change, not because the mechanics aren't up to snuff. (though like champ, I disagree that the game lacked atmosphere)

DmC didn't switch genres. It's still a hack 'n slash except it doesn't reach the quality of the previous games.

Some can say RE4 isint as great as previous games in the series as you are saying DMC isint the same quality of previous games. How does that make the situation any different. Both games still changed but both still get recieved well at least criticaly wise.

Because with RE 4 you can make an argument that it changed genres. If you judge it as a horror game(ignoring my stance on the old RE games) fair enough it wouldn't hold up for a myriad of reasons. You judge it as an action game, and acknowledge that for all intents and purposes it is an action game(essentially the biggest complaint among the old RE guard), and its an excellent offering in that genre.

DMC4 to DMC is still going from a hack n slash to another hack n slash. It's still relatively the same games judged by the same genre standards and similar rulesets. I'd say it's more closer to comparing Halo Reach and Halo 4 than it is comparing Resident Evil Remake to Resident Evil 4

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

jg4xchamp

Because with RE 4 you can make an argument that it changed genres. If you judge it as a horror game(ignoring my stance on the old RE games) fair enough it wouldn't hold up for a myriad of reasons. You judge it as an action game, and acknowledge that for all intents and purposes it is an action game(essentially the biggest complaint among the old RE guard), and its an excellent offering in that genre.

DMC4 to DMC is still going from a hack n slash to another hack n slash. It's still relatively the same games judged by the same genre standards and similar rulesets. I'd say it's more closer to comparing Halo Reach and Halo 4 than it is comparing Resident Evil Remake to Resident Evil 4

Yea but isint one of the reasons DMC is being compared to older DMC games is well cause DMC is in the title. So RE4 follows the same path to be compared and judged because it shares the name of its previous outings. So it can be said it doesint go up to snuff with the other titles in its name in some arguments. Though judgeing it by its own merits its still a good game. Thats basicly what im trying to say here. Why cant DMC gamers do the same with this DMC and try to judge it by its own merits.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

Yea but isint one of the reasons DMC is being compared to older DMC games is well cause DMC is in the title. So RE4 follows the same path to be compared and judged because it shares the name of its previous outings. So it can be said it doesint go up to snuff with the other titles in its name in some arguments. Though judgeing it by its own merits its still a good game. Thats basicly what im trying to say here. Why cant DMC gamers do the same with this DMC and try to judge it by its own merits.

Because it's a hack & slash AND a DMC game, hence I has to be judged by DMC standard.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 jg4xchamp

finalfantasy94

Let me level with you here.

The idea that the fanbase can't let go that their franchise is going in a new direction is well b1tch tier, in that regard we most likely agree here. For all its short comings of not matching DMC3/4 in combat, it doesn't look like some out right horrendous game that insults the franchise the way DMC 2 or NG3 do.

Yes you would have a point in that the fanbase is being just as whiny as the RE fanbase has been over Mikami's direction with RE 4.

The example however is slightly different to an extent. RE 4 is only connected to RE by title, by genre their two different games. The fanbase and even critics would agree on that concept. In this case we went from what DMC was as a hack n slash. To a Ninja Theory hack n slash with a DMC type format. Again it's a lot closer to a dev change, than a genre change. In a slightly comparable version(it's not nearly as samey and uninspired as Halo has gotten so the comparison kind of sucks) it's more closer to a Bungie made Halo game versus a 343 made Halo game.

It's not just that you judge them still as a Halo game. You judge them as FPS games in general. At this point sure they should be willing to drop it and judge the game on its own merits. Plenty of the DMC fanbase however have an issue that as good as the game might be in other spots its been criticized already for boss fights, and as far as they are sitting the battle system does not hold up to the franchises standard, or some of the actual "great" battle systems in the genre. To them it's a lot more shallow by comparison.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Because with RE 4 you can make an argument that it changed genres. If you judge it as a horror game(ignoring my stance on the old RE games) fair enough it wouldn't hold up for a myriad of reasons. You judge it as an action game, and acknowledge that for all intents and purposes it is an action game(essentially the biggest complaint among the old RE guard), and its an excellent offering in that genre.

rjdofu

Because it's a hack & slash AND a DMC game, hence I has to be judged by DMC standard.

That's a semi stupid way to look at it. DMC 3 is an excellent hack n slash game, but it's kind of unfair to hold it against any game to live up to that battle system.

DMC 4 might play better mechanically than DMC, but get real the level design in that game was pretty f*cking terrible. Dante himself just as far as I'm concerned didn't have nearly the same depth he had in DMC 3, and Nero felt like a character they didn't go all the way with because they were too afraid to leave Dante out of the game. Game recycled considerably, and showed a lot of aging aspects of DMC. There is a reason Bayonetta got a lot more love for just how much fresher its level design ideas felt in comparison to how DMC does business. Because on very basic levels it might as well be DMC with a slut.

Not to say that you should lower your bar for the battle system, of course not. I agree I'm underwhelmed in that regard. But I think it's unfair to the idea that there might not be other good game ideas here. And in that sense I'm at least semi interested to see how far Ninja Theory has come as they've always felt like a dev who sucks at gameplay, but should progressively get better.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

jg4xchamp

The idea that the fanbase can't let go that their franchise is going in a new direction is well b1tch tier, in that regard we most likely agree here. For all its short comings of not matching DMC3/4 in combat, it doesn't look like some out right horrendous game that insults the franchise the way DMC 2 or NG3 do.

Yes you would have a point in that the fanbase is being just as whiny as the RE fanbase has been over Mikami's direction with RE 4.

The example however is slightly different to an extent. RE 4 is only connected to RE by title, by genre their two different games. The fanbase and even critics would agree on that concept. In this case we went from what DMC was as a hack n slash. To a Ninja Theory hack n slash with a DMC type format. Again it's a lot closer to a dev change, than a genre change. In a slightly comparable version(it's not nearly as samey and uninspired as Halo has gotten so the comparison kind of sucks) it's more closer to a Bungie made Halo game versus a 343 made Halo game.

It's not just that you judge them still as a Halo game. You judge them as FPS games in general. At this point sure they should be willing to drop it and judge the game on its own merits. Plenty of the DMC fanbase however have an issue that as good as the game might be in other spots its been criticized already for boss fights, and as far as they are sitting the battle system does not hold up to the franchises standard, or some of the actual "great" battle systems in the genre. To them it's a lot more shallow by comparison.

yea but wasint there still critics using the genra term survival horror when RE4 was reviwed and thus comparing it in that light?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

yea but wasint there still critics using the genra term survival horror when RE4 was reviwed and thus comparing it in that light? Also capcom seems to keep labeling it as such. Just seems capcom doesint wanna admit the series has gone full action.

Initially, because that's what they got accustomed to all along, but I think over the years it's fairly become common practice to accept that RE 4 is a different direction genre wise as a whole.

I sincerly doubt over the years the new DMC is gonna go from Hack n slash to ....well any other genre. I mean it's still the same brand of Action or Action/Adventure dmc has always been. The argument here is that it's a more shallow version.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 ChubbyGuy40

Ya know wat your right I went a but overbord on that statement. It has atmosphere just didint feel horror kind. Theres like 1 or 2 parts that it had it but thats about it.

finalfantasy94

MORIR ES VIVIR!

MORIR ES VIVIR!

That is far more terrifying than a zombie moan.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#291 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

jg4xchamp

in this case it would be more like going from Counter Strike to Call of Duty. NT butchered that battle system and made it so casual is not even funny... No wonder people are liking it so much. People these days don't like games that require a little effort to learn before doing the awesome stuff.

Well, I'm not to sure if you get my point with that example since I don't play FPS but maybe should I change Counter Strike for Half-Life 2 or something?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Blabadon
Today we slay!
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

ChubbyGuy40

MORIR ES VIVIR!

MORIR ES VIVIR!

That is far more terrifying than a zombie moan.

Yea cant agree there. Especially compared to hearing a crisom head. Though I will say that spiky monster in RE4 was well done. It looked and sounded terrifying. Cant remember what its called though.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I just watched the review and I gotta say it looks a lot better than Enslaved. I think I might give this game a try sometime.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Gue1

in this case it would be more like going from Counter Strike to Call of Duty. NT butchered that battle system and made it so casual is not even funny... No wonder people are liking it so much. People these days don't like games that require a little effort to learn before doing the awesome stuff.

Well, I'm not to sure if you get my point with that example since I don't play FPS but maybe should I change Counter Strike for Half-Life 2 or something?

thats why bayonetta was recevied so badly...oh wait I mean dmc4 was recevied badly...oh wait. Come on man you know that statement is just a load and your just upset people are finding the game enjoyable.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

jg4xchamp

That's a semi stupid way to look at it. DMC 3 is an excellent hack n slash game, but it's kind of unfair to hold it against any game to live up to that battle system.

DMC 4 might play better mechanically than DMC, but get real the level design in that game was pretty f*cking terrible. Dante himself just as far as I'm concerned didn't have nearly the same depth he had in DMC 3, and Nero felt like a character they didn't go all the way with because they were too afraid to leave Dante out of the game. Game recycled considerably, and showed a lot of aging aspects of DMC. There is a reason Bayonetta got a lot more love for just how much fresher its level design ideas felt in comparison to how DMC does business. Because on very basic levels it might as well be DMC with a slut.

Not to say that you should lower your bar for the battle system, of course not. I agree I'm underwhelmed in that regard. But I think it's unfair to the idea that there might not be other good game ideas here. And in that sense I'm at least semi interested to see how far Ninja Theory has come as they've always felt like a dev who sucks at gameplay, but should progressively get better.

There's nothing stupid about having a standard. In fact, having a hack & slash genre is a good enough reason for it to be compared to the best games in the genre out there. DMC3 is one of the best game in the combat system, but it's not impossible to top. I'm only interested in the Bloody Palace (which's done best in DMC4 and is where the combat shine the most), so yeah, couldn't care less about level design. Actually, my arguments were never strayed from the core combat, that's the only thing I'm discussing here.

That being said, I didn't expect a NT to top that lol, not in a million years the new DmC can be matched with DMC3 in term of combat department, but it should at least does some damage. In fact, Its combat doesn't even touch DMC4, let alone DMC3. The amount of journalists spouting BS about the amazing combat makes me sick.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
This game is actually going to sell isn't it? :cry:Stringerboy
I'm going to buy it used. Get my Edge discount as well.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Because it's a hack & slash AND a DMC game, hence I has to be judged by DMC standard.rjdofu

There's nothing stupid about having a standard. In fact, having a hack & slash genre is a good enough reason for it to be compared to the best games in the genre out there. DMC3 is one of the best game in the combat system, but it's not impossible to top. I'm only interested in the Bloody Palace (which's done best in DMC4 and is where the combat shine the most), so yeah, couldn't care less about level design. Actually, my arguments were never strayed from the core combat, that's the only thing I'm discussing here.

That being said, I didn't expect a NT to top that lol, not in a million years the new DmC can be matched with DMC3 in term of combat department, but it should at least does some damage. In fact, Its combat doesn't even touch DMC4, let alone DMC3. The amount of journalists spouting BS about the amazing combat makes me sick.

I would understand if it was BS if they said it was deeper then lets say DMC3 but I havent ran into at all unless I missed something. Though calling it bs cause some reviews calling it slick,smooth and good in its own right seems a bit hostel.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That's a semi stupid way to look at it. DMC 3 is an excellent hack n slash game, but it's kind of unfair to hold it against any game to live up to that battle system.

finalfantasy94

I would understand if it was BS if they said it was deeper then lets say DMC3 but I havent ran into at all unless I missed something. Though calling it bs cause some reviews calling it slick,smooth and good in its own right seems a bit hostel.

Ok I admit that was a bit of a stretch, possibly because I'm so biased against this game; gotta cool myself down somehow. lol